About three weeks ago, my male boss asked me if I wanted to see his sausage. Now I may not be the most politically correct employee, but this made even me take a pause. Turns out my boss, who is a bit of a foodie at heart, has recently begun making his own sausages. Apparently, he roped his four daughters into helping him one weekend and made 80 lbs of assorted sausages. 80 LBS! He thought that was a reasonable amount given his family of 6 until he saw how much sausage that actually was. Or more than likely, when his wife saw 80lbs of sausage on her kitchen counter and asked what exactly he was going to do with it, he began to look for options. Sharing the plenty with his coworkers was apparently the best option. So after a very odd start to a work place conversation, I scored 2lbs of chicken/sun dried tomato sausage and 2lbs of bratwurst. I've had all this in my freezer for the last few weeks, and tonight was finally sausage night. That just sounds wrong, doesn't it? But you know what I mean. I thought about grilling, but then I remembered that I've never actually grilled before and the skies opened up, so I went for skillet sauteing. Add some instant mashed, canned corn and voila!

No lie, this had to be the best chicken sausage I've ever had and the kiddos loved it. Next time I might step up the side dishes a bit. But overall, big win all the way around tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment