Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pictures

It's so weird to look back at pictures of my wedding. When he left, I gave him all the hard copies. I took pictures out of frames, emptied albums and rifled through my giant box of miscellaneous photos to clear them all out. I didn't want them around. In saying that, I knew my faithful AOL had an online album of picures I could save for the kids.

Tonight, I thought I might take a look. Maybe by looking at the pictures in retrospect, I could see something I missed at the time, some inkling of what was going to happen to us. So I looked.

And all I see are two kids, madly in love, happy beyond belief and full of hope.

Now we communicate through emails and transfer the kids at the front door. There is a lesson in this, an opportunity for greater joy. I know this; I do believe it to be true. But it doesn't make this part any easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My darling baby girl. There are never any guarantees and sometimes no pre-signals in life. One just has to live the life, endure, and thank God we are still alive!!!!!! Live each moment with wonderment, love, laugh, and sing.

Love you,

Mom

Post a Comment

Blog Archive