Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Safety First

Sometime last week, my girl wrapped a necklace she had made at school around the passenger seat of my car. It has little color tags that hang from it, and as her and the little man sit in the backseat, she quizzes him on the different colors and how to spell them. It has proven to be a great little educational game they play as we drive. There's just one thing. The necklace is a simple string necklace, and the edges where they are tied together have become a little frayed.


Out of the corner of my eye, as I am driving along, I will occasionally catch the frayed edges in my peripheral vision. And do you know what my brain interprets that simple string necklace to be? Some sort of very large spider. After freaking myself out for the umpteenth time tonight as I was driving home, I went ahead and took the necklace off the seat. I know the kiddos will be disappointed when they get in the car for our morning ride to school, but I really think it's for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive