Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Not Quite Award Winning

Tonight was my girl's soccer practice. They were having their team pictures taken tonight, and I remembered to dress her in her uniform and bring the check for the photographer. I also packed a little bag of "necessities". I brought a blanket for the little man and I to sit on, a magazine for me to flip through and the little man's Leapster learning system to keep him occupied. And of course I brought my camera. The little man and I were having a blast, snapping some self-portraits and enjoying the lovely weather.

It was such a nice evening, and I was congratulating myself on being so prepared and on top of things even though I'm still a little under the weather. I was able to get out of work, pick up the kiddos from school, feed them dinner AND get them to the soccer field on time. Didn't forget a thing. And now my lovely children were frolicking under my watchful eye. Yes sirree bob, I was pretty impressed with myself.

Then it was time for a player water break. Water break? No one told me about a water break. I was supposed to bring water?
You can see from my girl's face that yes, indeed I was supposed to bring water. And when I offered to go get a cup of water from the fountain, my girl gave me the eye and ran off to her coach, calling loudly across the field "Coach, do you have any extra water. My mom didn't bring any and I'm dying."

Just when I thought I had that "Mother of the Year" thing in the bag.

2 comments:

Annie said...

LOL oh no! Your poor little girl hehehehe isn't that what happens? Just when we are feeling so good about having it all together :)

Unknown said...

Shame on you for no water. LOL Kids have a way of bursting our egos, eh?

Post a Comment

Blog Archive