Saturday, November 7, 2009

Homework

Both of the kiddos have homework. They typically sit around the kitchen table as I'm putting dinner together to get it done. Which I love. Makes me feel very "Leave It To Beaver". Well, except I'm not perfectly coiffed and wearing pearls as I cook dinner. And I'm not really cooking dinner so much as microving something. And we don't call the little man Beaver. But that's not really the point. The point was about the kiddo's homework. Does anyone else out there remember how very different Pre-K and 1st Grade used to be? Honestly, I remember learning the alphabet song in Pre-K and phonetics in 1st Grade. The little man got the alphabet song covered a few years ago and is learning phonetics and early sight words in Pre-K. My girl already knows how to read and is learning about the ecosystem of Antarctica. Shoot, I just had to google Antarctica to make sure I had spelled it correctly. Which I hadn't. This does not bode well for mommy helping with the homework. Lucky for me, my girl is all about helping the little man. I think it has to do more with the fact that she gets to be in charge and boss him around a bit, but whatever the reason, I'm thankful.


And as for who helps my girl? That would be me. Well, me and google. I think I can fake it until she gets to long division, but then the gig will be up and we'll be looking for volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive