Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She has been in the hospital with her sweet son Stellan, and you can head over to her blog to get the updates. There is no link up this week, but I could use some not me Monday therapy this week. Well, that's not much different than any other week, but on we go.
This is not my first real post since last Not Me Monday. I am very committed to blogging and would never go a whole week without posting anything for no real reason.
While walking the little man into school on Friday, with him fully dressed in his Spiderman costume with padded muscles on the arms and chest, he was not stopped by no less than four people who commented on what a big strong Spiderman he was. He definitely didn't respond all four times by grabbing the padding on his chest and say "Yeah, I have muscles, but look at my big boobies".
As we were leaving my mom's house Sunday night, my sister Doe did not tell the kids they could each have one piece of candy on the way out. After carefully monitoring their choices, I did not grab a random handful of candy for myself on the ride home. As I was enjoying my third package of Sweet Tarts (come on, there's only three little tarts in each package!), my girl did not pipe up from the backseat "Mom, if we're only allowed to have one piece of candy, why did you grab like, seven from the candy basket?". As I believe in total honestly with my kiddos, I did not feign ignorance and tell her I had no idea what she was talking about, then turn the music up.
Someone please tell me I'm not alone?

1 comment:
Haha! I don't think I would have been about to hold it together for the boobies comment. I was laughing so hard.
Oh and you are so not alone in the candy eating. I eat WAY more candy then I would have ever allowed my son to eat this weekend :)
Post a Comment