Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hibernation

So how am I handling the whole unemployment thing? Hmm. Well, if crawling into bed and refusing to get out counts as a good coping mechanism, then I'm doing just great.

I kid, I kid. Well, sort of. Last time I was laid off (geesh, it sucks that I can compare what it's like to be laid off), it took about two weeks to get my feet under me. Literally. As in, get my feet under me and get out of bed. So, for now, I am just kind of riding this out. And mom, don't worry. I am okay. We hibernate when we're sad. It's what we do. Don't be alarmed.

And lest you be concerned for the kiddos, I assure you they are just fine. While I don't think a mack truck could get me up and going, a mack truck has nothing on those two. When I say I am hibernating, I mean I am hibernating once I get them up, get them fed, get them dressed, take them to school, pick them up, play outside with them, play inside with them... you get the point.


And I know it's freezing out. I send them out completely layered and bundled, and within 15 minutes, they're layerless. Crazy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive