Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Even My Girl

Remember when you were a kid, and it seemed like no matter what you did to avoid sleeping, or how quiet you tried to be, you always got caught? I remember thinking my mom must be able to see through walls, or have some other super human power as she always seemed to know when I was trying to dodge the whole going to sleep thing.

Now that I'm the supervisor of sleep, I'm sort of in on the secret. And my great revelation? Yeah, for the most part, kids aren't as quiet as they think they are. Or, they're too quiet when they shouldn't be.

But every now and then, it is just a feeling. Like tonight. I was happily watching Glee, and I just knew something was amiss. I walked into my girls room, and there she was. Happy as Larry, wide awake, sitting on the end of her bed watching TV through her open bedroom door. Her response to being caught? "But, mommmmm, I love Glee."

Now, either she's reading my blog, or this girl's skills at knowing the inner workings of my mind and what might break me down are getting better. I'm leaning towards the latter.

And in case you're wondering, yes I fell for it and let her come into the living room and watch with me.


What can I say? Even my girl is a Gleek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive