I reconnected with an old friend the yesterday, and it's funny how the sound of someones voice from long ago can bring me right back. I last talked to this person before I was married, before motherhood, before divorce, before I lost who I was and had to learn me again. To try and sum up the last nine years of my life in one phone call was near impossible. In playing catch up, it was easier to skip over the most 'me' changing events, those things that shattered what I was and made me who I am. The pieces are still the same, but they're put together a little different. There are a few more sharp edges. And a whole lot more shiny spots, the results of countless kiddo kisses and cuddles, and friends and family that love me, even when I'm unlovable.
Anywho, I share the above for those of you who wonder why I don't Facebook, now you know. I can't handle the emotional journey :)
I'm off to relax now and will be waited on hand and foot by the little man bringing me snacks and drinks upon request.
Oh, wait, I think I got that little scenario reversed. Oh, well. It's the price I pay for those kisses and cuddles.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment