Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Night Festivities

Sometime Friday morning, apparently both of the kiddos decided to crawl into my bed. After sleeping through an alarm, waking up way too late, debating if I really needed to take a shower or if lots of deoderant would cover it and trying to find an outfit that will work in the dessert like heat of the outside and the arctic wonderland that is my office, I stopped for this picture. I think they have both inherited my ability to sleep and deep appreciation for a bit of a lie in.

It was a pretty lazy Friday night, not a whole lot to report. I slapped together some gourmet and nutritious dinner (hamburger helper, in case you're wondering) while my girl made a kingdom by draping blankets over the furniture in the living room. She then refused to let her brother enter without acknowledging she was the queen and he had to do whatever she said. After about half an hour, I guess the little man got tired of his servitude, because I found him doing this.


Also, I documented this moment as photgraphic proof that no matter how many diferent ways I try to corral my girl's hair, no matter how many rubberbands and bobby pins and doo dads I try to stick in there, it always pretty much looks like this at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive