I can tell you that anyone who has been at my house in the evening knows we have a pretty structured bedtime routine. It works for me, works for the kiddos and they head off to dreamland without so much as a peep. I could stop there, and I know it sounds unbelievable, but it is fairly accurate. If you were a guest, you would comment on what good children I have, and how wonderfully behaved they are. Then I would beam proudly, and motherly love would shine from my face. We would say our goodbyes and you would head to your home, marveling at the peace that is children's bedtime in my house. And here is what you would miss. They may not "peep", but that is because both of my little houdini's have learned to play in absolute silence. However, there is always evidence to be found during my final round of goodnight kisses. The little stinkers.

No comments:
Post a Comment