Sunday, July 5, 2009

Can Anyone Find Grammy?

After a great sleep, the kiddos and I woke up and headed to breakfast. We had made plans to pick up Grammy by the adults pool and then all eat together. True to form, the kids and I were late. Also true to form, we could not find Gram. We wandered around the pool deck, and after our second lap, the kids were more interested in food than family, so we hit up the breakfast buffet.

With a yummy breakfast in our bellies, we resumed the search for Gram and finally bumped into her on our third journey around the pool deck. The ship had docked in Nassau, and mom and I had plans to head to the beach at Paradise Island. The kids were excited about their first day of Disney kid camp. As we were walking to the kid's camp, guess who we ran into?

After pictures with Pluto, the kiddos headed into the Oceaneers Club where they made cookies, experienced Toy Story Boot Camp and hung out with the Disney Princesses. Mom and I headed for the beach. Everytime I see the beaches in the Caribbean, the color and clarity of the water always amazes me.



After lounging around in the sun for a bit, the clouds started rolling in and mom and I headed back to the ship. Traffic in Nassau was crazy, and by the time we made it back, the skies had cleared. We grabbed the kiddos and headed to the Mickey pool. They were both dying to give the slide a try.


The little man immediately headed back for the stairs to give the slide another go, but I think my girl had enough of an adrenaline rush. She embraced a much more relaxing activity. She is definitely her mother's daughter. Exhausted after our day by the water, what were we to do but go back to our rooms and get ready for a night out? We met up again in our favorite lounge where the kidddos ordered their own pina colada. Should I be worried they can order that on their own? Of course, the little man, with his eagle eye for video games, noticed they were having a Wii bowling tournament in the lounge. After a brief lesson on trash talking, he joined the big boys for a game.

And not that I'm bragging, but the little man's team won. The kiddos didn't want to eat in the dining room, so we grabbed some pizza for them and then they went to the kids party. Mom and I had an amazing dinner, followed by some tunes at the piano bar and fireworks on the deck. Needless to say, we were all pretty wiped out after our first full day of cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive