Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shocking, but true

Can you hear the cool breeze calling, the ocean waves pulling you for a little bit of rest and relaxation? We could. So we loaded up the car and headed over to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Wonder. Me, the kiddos and my mom, aka Grammy, got to the ship just in time for lunch. Can you tell these 2 kids were excited?


Yeah, Grammy was excited too. After our lunch, we had the obligatory lifeboat drill, complete with the obligatory pictures of small children in giant neon orange life vests.

Then it was off to the Bon Voyage party, Disney style, which means lots of dancing to Hannah Montana and High School Musical songs. The kiddos really got into it.


Yeah, so did Grammy. There were lots of potty breaks in between the excitement.

And, I should say, to get this pic, I had to hold the camera over the stall door and just shoot, so I couldn't really tell what I was getting. Oh, and the lady who walked in while I was trying to get the picture looked at me like I was a complete weirdo, and I’m pretty sure if I see her again, she’ll head for the hills.

Off to a lounge for some relaxation and wave watching, followed by a great show and an amazing dinner.
Now here is where it gets shocking. The dinner wrapped up, and it was time to have the kids join the kid’s party. Now, my kiddos love the cruise kid parties, can’t get enough of them. Rhys has been known to cry when I arrive to pick him up from these kids parties, so I’m not lying when I say they love them. My girl was happy as Larry, ready for some dancing and late night awakeness, but the little man looked at me and said “I don’t want to go. Can I go back to the room and sleep?” HUH? Now, a mother knows her child, but I’m telling you, for a minute I wondered if he was mine. I have raised this child for the last 3 years and 10 months, and he has NEVER asked to go to sleep. And I kept checking, explaining that if we came back to go to bed, it was really going to be bed. No TV, no playing video games. And he was in for that….for sleep. What is this world coming to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive