Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thorough or Overpacked?

Is this too much stuff for me and the kiddos to have for a three day trip, Friday through Sunday? I have found when packing, I tend to fill whatever suitcase size I have. And I only have two sizes. Too small, and giant. So giant it is.

And just as a side note, do other people have that "bag of miscellaneous electronic crap", or is it just me? It's contents include random power cords amassed through the years from assorted electronic devices that, more than likely, I no longer have, but think I'll keep the cord just in case. And assorted phone cords of phones from the past, when phones had cords, that I think I'll keep just in case. And cable cords of assorted lengths that are no longer in use, but I keep just in case. So, tonight, while digging for the charger for my rechargeable camera battery, which started at the top of the pile but is now hiding amongst the masses, it occurred to me...just in case what? Considering every working electronic in my house is currently, well, working, why on earth would I need 5 phone cords? Or 7 cable wires? And I swear one of those power cords had Chinese writing on the label. Please tell me someone else has that bag, otherwise I might have to seek treatment for being some kind of weird electronic wire hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive