Monday, June 29, 2009

Unnecessary Panic

Yeah, I'll admit it, I might be a tad dramatic, but what is it about children that bring that added shot of unnecessary panic into your daily life? I put the kids to bed hours ago, and am getting ready to call it a day myself. I went in for the final check on my babies, starting with my son. I look in his room, and he's not there. My heart stutters, but then I figure he must have crawled into bed with his sister. I went in there to check, and only my girl is snoozing away. I literally run into my bedroom, thinking he has to be there, and I can't see him. Now, in reality, it was probably 2 seconds, but in freak out time, it was hours, no DAYS of panic before I made out what might be a foot.

And as quickly as it started, my panic was gone. I grabbed the camera to document the rest of the discovery process. Upon closer inspection, yes, it is definitely a foot.

Whipping back the covers reveals the sleeping soundly, sweaty little man.

1 comment:

Dandy said...

I had to go back to the original picture b/c I still couldn't tell he was in there!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive