Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I am still recovering from the weekend away, and so are the kiddos. My girl is fairing much better than the little man, who was literally in tears this morning when I finally forced him out of bed. Sigh. Now on to the confessing!

I am a very graceful woman. I walk with catlike delicacy and am light on my feet. Those who know me can attest. So there is no way while on the beach this weekend, as I was walking towards the dazzling turquoise water of the Caribbean for a nice dip, at a very non-hurried pace I must add, that I ate it. Completely and with arms flailing, fell right there on the sand, in full view of the other 1500+ people from our ship who were also enjoying the beautiful day at the beach. And I did not lay there for a moment, trying to figure how badly I was hurt, then jump up to the sound of my mother's laughter (thanks, mom) and hurry to the water and hope no one noticed. And no, I cannot personally vouch for the fact that it IS possible to get road rash from falling on beach sand.

I have a wonderful dog. His name is Branston, and we rescued him from a shelter about three years ago. He is very well trained, and great with the children. And you might be thinking, this sounds too good to be true. Does he have any foibles at all? And I would say none at all. He is not separation anxiety-prone, and does not feel compelled to eat my house when we leave him. He loves when my friend babysits him, and wouldn't do anything to stress her out. And I did not come home on Sunday to be greeted by a gaping hole in my carpet. What sort of dog would dig through the carpet down to the cement? Certainly not mine.

Another sigh. And last but not least, I am a wonderful domestic engineer. I am like a whiz; cooking, cleaning and still spending quality time with the kiddos. I would never take shortcuts, especially with the laundry. I have been doing my own laundry since I was a teenager, and have worked out all the kinks. I separate my colors, and always wash in the correct temperature. So there is no way I would wash a new orange dress with my only set of Egyptian cotton, soft as a baby's bottom cream sheets. Why would I do that? I clearly know the orange dress would bleed on the cream sheets and leave horrible ugly stains that I would never be able to get out.

Unless I try bleach, but I think it's best I just walk away.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Yep, those are some pretty expensive Not Me's!

Unknown said...

Haha, Just reminded me of when I went to clean the toilets with bleach this weekend. My husband said "Make sure none of my clothes are anywhere near the bathrooms! If they are in the next room, please move them into another room."

Does it sound like I have a reputation for ruining clothes with bleach and by running colors together in the laundry?? =)

Me The Q said...

There must not be an epidemic of the bleeding laundry. I have not recently had that problem :).

Trophy Wife said...

so sad about the sheets! I was hoping they'd come out a very even, pretty color of orange creme! That you could have worked with. :) I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only clumsy one out there!

Anonymous said...

I hate when laundry bleeds! I did not experience that last week at all because I'm the queen of laundry. Sorry to hear about your carpet.

~Tellie

Drahdrah said...

Sorry to hear about your sheets ... it's a tough lesson to learn, and some of us have to learn it more than once (of course NOT ME). Happy NNM !

Anita Grace said...

Hey, I found your blog through MckMama's... what a great "not me" post! It's so fun to browse through them and get a few chuckles of all the things we "dont do".
I also was going to ask for a bit of help. (this should take less than a minute) I entered my son in a Crazy Haired Baby photo shoot contest. He is in the top 9.. and it's just down to who gets the most votes.
If you could click on this link: http://lucylimestudios.com/2009/07/crazy-haired-kids-casting-call-shannon-stevenson-lucy-lime/
Select baby #6
Click Vote
Thanks for your help! Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive