And as for my girl. Well, when I tucked her in, I assure you she was sensibly lying vertically. Now, not so much.
I watch my kids every day, and marvel at the whole heartedness with which they undertake life. Even a static activity like sleeping is full of life. When I was little, I slept like they do, very rarely waking in the same space I had fallen asleep in. Like them, I never did anything half way. If I was running, I was RUNNING - arms and hair flying, body moving faster then my feet could carry me sometimes. If I was singing, I was SINGING - loud, for the world to hear, and more than likely off key and a beat behind, but I didn't care. When I sleep now, I pretty much stay in the same place, on my side of the bed and with the covers just so. My run has turned into a weird half jog and I only showcase my inner rock star when I am alone. Which leads me to wonder, when did I lose that wild abandon? Can I get it back, and still be a grown-up?

1 comment:
You just have to do it!!!!!!!
Post a Comment