I had a few hours at home minus the kiddos, so I thought I would work on the edging. You know, the parts around the baseboards, doorframes and sockets. Most people hate that part, but I would rather do that than the roller and pan part. I only did one wall, and around the door, then it was time for me to pick up the kiddos. I got this great idea that it would be really funny to put their names on the wall. Then when they came home, the plan was to act all surprised and ask them if they had done it, since it was their names of course. Other people mess with their kids like this, right? Anywho, this was the final product.
The kiddos came home, saw it, and immediately wanted to know who had done it. I said it must have been them, since it was their names. My girl quickly replied by pointing out that it said "I Love..." and since I was the one in the house who loved them, it must have been me. Humph. Outsmarted by a six year old. The plan was not going well. To make matters worse, as I got ready for bed, I realized I had to go to sleep in my room, with red writing on the wall that looked really creepy in the dark. You couldn't quite make out what it said, and even though I knew, it was still creepy. After about an hour of scaring myself, I got up and slept on the couch.
It's been about 2 weeks now, and I haven't made any more attempts to paint. The good news is, I got used to the creepy red writing and can at least sleep in my room again.

1 comment:
Hi Summer! Thanks for visiting my blog. I really like yours too! Cute kids. :) To asnwer your question, no, I did not get the 10% discount- the dentist actually replied with, "well, he is getting his 6 year molars in, so if your logic holds true, I can actually charge you 10% more! Oh...and he has two cavities." Ugh.
Post a Comment