Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Let The Chores Begin

One of the things I remember from my childhood was the chores. I had to keep my room clean, do the dishes and, worst of all, pick up the pine cones in our yard. Ugh, I HATED that one. But the point is, I had chores. Stuff I was responsible for getting done on a weekly basis. Now that I have children, I wondered when I could start doling out the duties. Hee hee, I said duty. Yes, that still makes me giggle. But I digress. To be fair, my kiddos love to help me, my girl especially. She will get the mail, help me fold and put away clean clothes, because not only does she want to help, but it sets her apart from her younger brother. Both of them pick up after themselves. Any toys they play with have to be put away by bedtime, and their rooms are normally very tidy. But the vacuuming, dishes, dusting; these were things that at six and three I just didn't think they were ready for. Then this happened.


My girl asked if she could help me dust. And I let her. And she did a pretty good stinkin' job. And she was really proud of herself. And I didn't have to dust. Folks, we have a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive