Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My First Grader

I left work early so I could pick my girl up from her first day of school. She was happy, and a little tired. I, however, was bouncing off the walls. I wanted to know how her day went, what she did, if she had to introduce herself, how her lunch was, who she sat next to, if she saw her friends from last year. You get the picture. I had a lot of questions. Do you know what she told me?

"Mom, now slow down. I can't understand you when you talk that fast." I hate it when she quotes me to me. It's just not right. When we got home, she changed her clothes, we sat at the table and she told me all about her day. I love the first day of school with my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive