Friday, September 25, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday?

Na, na, na, na, na, na, it's my birthday too!! So you might be thinking - a birthday, on a Friday night, why are you not out party-ing your socks off? Well, I'm pretty tired by 11pm these days. And I only wear socks when I wear my sandals; it's a fashion must when you get to be my age. Hee-hee, just kidding. About the socks and sandals anyway. The 11pm thing, that's true, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm so energetic and active throughout the day as opposed to getting older. Ahem. Right.

So what did I do to mark this birth day of mine? Planned a fabulous home cooked dinner with the kiddos of course. And by home cooked, I mean I opened some packages and heated them up. But I did this in my own house, and that's about as close to home cooked as we get round these parts. It was yummy, though.


And of course I made brownies for my celebratory birthday dessert. They were organic, so that means they are good for me, right? That's the story I'm sticking to, anyway. And yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole pan will be gone by Monday. What is it about me and brownies? I think I have a problem.

After I had put the kiddos to bed, Katie-rado came over with some birthday cake. I was elbows deep in home made ice cream making when she arrived (I'll post on this little adventure at a later date), and didn't stay long. I think she was scared. I know I was. But if all goes well, I'll have a little home made ice cream to go with the cake tomorrow. I'm not counting on it, though.

As for my birthday wish this year? Well, I can't tell you because then it won't come true, but it was a good one, and when it happens, you'll be the first to know. Well, you'll be the second to know, cause I'll be the first, but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive