Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Reason I Know I'm Getting Old

I can't go in any store without seeing Christmas stuff out already. When I was a kid, Christmas seemed to take AGES to arrive, and I'm pretty sure the day after Thanksgiving was the official start of the hoopla. The giant Toys-R-Us catalog would arrive in the mail and I would spend weeks going through it, carefully contemplating what was going to be officially 'circled' by my crayon, thus joining the Christmas wish list.

People, it is not even HALLOWEEN! What is going on here? Can't we even get through October? Time is already flying by on it's own, I don't need the retail world to make it go any faster. My kiddos need to experience the agonizing wait just like I did. Why, I remember as a child, having to walk up hill, through the snow, both ways to get to...oh, wait, that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive