Thursday, October 1, 2009

What's a Girl To Do?

This weekend, while we were home bound due to the rain, we all found different things to occupy our time. The little man got the calendar off our fridge and practiced reading his numbers. Just in case you're wondering, 80 has replaced the number after 29. That whole 30 to 79 thing was just annoying anyway, right? I had some homework to catch up on, so I was at my desk. I could see the little man, right outside my bedroom door, calendar-ing away. Then I realized I hadn't heard my girl in a bit. Anyone who has been around children knows: it is not the noise that is dangerous. It's the quiet. So I decided to investigate.

My girl. Sometimes she makes me laugh. Okay, a lot of times she makes me laugh. She was playing a new card game she had learned. By herself. And having a great time doing it.

When I asked her if she wanted me to play the game with her, she said I would need to wait until she finished the game she was in the middle of. Apparently she was winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive