Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stressed Out

Last week I had an appointment with my girl's teacher. It is report card time, and it is a requirement at her school that the parent meet with the teacher to get the grades as opposed to just sending them home with the students. Now, I know how my girl is doing. I stay up on her grades and we do homework together so I know when she struggles. I wasn't that worried. But my girl? She was stressed out. Apparently her teacher had told the class that one of the benefits of getting a good report was a coupon for a free cupcake from one our local grocery stores. All she could think of was that the cupcake was on the line. As we were waiting for our appointment time outside of her classroom, her nerves kicked in. I asked her how she thought the meeting would go.



Luckily, before she completely melted under the stress, it was our turn to go in. And the outcome?

So proud of my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive