Friday, January 15, 2010

Artistic Expressions

Both the kiddos love arts and crafts. Coloring, painting, gluing... they love it all. To get ready for my mom's birthday dinner, my girl got out all her art supplies and rallied her brother to make birthday cards. After a glitter catastrophe (little man + glitter + glue = bad), the idea was scrapped and my girl was pretty bummed. I had the idea to put craft paper down over the entire table, and let the kiddos decorate that for mom's birthday dinner. Between the two of them, they decided that everyone should get a picture on the table in front of their seat.

The little man set about tackling his picture first. It was a glorious display of monster trucks and lots of what he said were explosions. He was pretty tired after that, so he let his sister finish the rest. He's generous like that.

For the picture at her seat, my girl drew a picture of me, Gram, herself and the little man in a field of flowers. Moving on, she drew a picture of Gram picking her up from school at Gram's seat. Now it was time for Doe's picture. According to my girl, it is a picture of me bringing flowers to a sick Doe and Gram who are sleeping in the house. Yeah, I am pretty nice like that. Space for another picture on the table was now at a premium, so my girl asked if I could share her picture. I said yes, because I'm nice like that, too.

I now present the finished product.

I know it's hard to make out the specifics, but I think the artistic merit of the piece shines through. Don't worry, I've saved it for display in the Louvre one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive