This weekend was my sister's father-in-law's 80th birthday and they had a big shebang for him down South. We loaded up the car Beverly Hillbilly style and made the ride down on Friday night. The party was Saturday night. I have spent the last day contemplating the event, and I thought I would share a few revelations:
1. My sister's husbands family really are some of the nicest people in the world.
2. When wine is served with dinner, that 'with' part is vitally important. Choosing to partake of mostly the liquid component and ignore the food part is a very bad idea.
3. I am not the rockstar I was at twentysomething, now that I am thirtysomething, when it comes to drinking.
4. It is never a good idea to try to keep pace with the Irish at a celebration. They will win every time.
I wish I could show you pictures from the party (we all cleaned up very nice), but I'm afraid I can't. I had to choose between holding a wine glass in my hand or my camera, and unfortunately for me, I chose the wine glass.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment