Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things I Like Thursdays

Okay, now this might not seem that likable to you, but for me, well, it definitely deserves a mention. I now proudly present... wait for it...my fully functioning garage door.

About a year ago, someone who shall remain nameless (his name reminds with mavin) pulled a little too far into my driveway and dinged the garage door a little bit. At first, I didn't even really notice, but over time, it started to pull the door of it's track. The terrible noise it made as it was trying to open and close with wheels off the track had gotten progressively louder and louder until yesterday, when it pretty much just stopped working. You can imagine how that might have been a problem as little Alice was inside. Alice is my car, in case you were wondering. My girl is not named Alice and even if she was, I wouldn't keep her in the garage. Well, unless she was throwing a fit in the car, refusing to get out, then I would walk inside and leave her there. But don't worry, my girl can work all the doors to get out on her own. Little Alice is not so lucky.

I called the number stickered onto my garage door and the tech was able to come out this morning and fix the track, so we can now come and go as we please. Alice and I are both relieved.

So this Thursday, I 'like' three things.

1. The little neon yellow label the garage door installer stuck on my door at install, insuring that when it broke, I would stand a pretty good chance of noticing the eye blinding sticker and call for help.
2. Pablo, the tech who actually came out same day and fixed my door.
3. The door itself, for hanging with us for so long.

Get it?

Hanging?

Cause it's a door?

Right, I think I'll go sit in my garage for a little longer. Alice thinks I'm funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive