
The little man however? Well, he has a very different feeling about fireworks. I think 'terrifying' could pretty much sum it up for him. And up until about a month ago, every time the announcement would come on signaling the fireworks were soon to come, he would plead to go home, to get out before they started. While I'm not normally one to cave to pleading, on this I couldn't resist him. And so for the last five years, my life had been virtually firework free.

But tonight? Ah, tonight, with the lure of a dessert to follow, the little man hunkered down and said he could stay. Yes, he watched the entire thing through half closed eyes and with his fingers jammed in his ears, but he watched it. And that's all that matters.
Welcome back into my life, fireworks. Oh how I've missed you.


No comments:
Post a Comment