Today was the little man's official "Spa Party for Mom's" at his school. The teachers did an awesome job setting everything up. Our first stop was at the manicure tables. I was willing to give it a miss, but the little man was dead set on a manicure. Upon completion, my nails looked more like abstract art than precisely manicured, but what can you do?
The nails were followed by a stop at the spa's hair salon. The little man admitted this station was not his strong suit. As he put it, "Mom, I have no hair, so I have no idea how to do this." It did not stop him from trying, though. Think lots of ponytails sticking out at various angles across my head and liberally coated with hairspray containing glitter. There will be no photographs of me from the rest of the day for obvious reasons.
I just love that little guy so much. He's growing up so fast, and while that makes me incredibly happy, it also makes me want to bottle up the moments like this, when he really is my little guy and he thinks I'm the prettiest, best mommy in the world.
So what's a mom like me to do, overcome with love for her fabulous little guy? Take him to a local theme park, ride the water ride that he loves but that I normally take a miss on because it gets me wet all the way down to my underwear, feed him ice cream for lunch and make him pose for pictures with characters? Okay!
And yes, we had a wonderful time, although the little man fared a little better at the end than I did, what with having wet undies, a slight headache from my seven ponytails and the stomach ache I managed to get from our ice cream lunch.On a sidenote, don't think my girl escaped unscathed. When I picked her up from school, I parked the car, pulled her into the front seat with me, made her give me a big hug, and told her how much I love her. And yes, I started crying again then, too. She went to bed tonight thinking I'm a nutter. Ah well, better she learn it sooner rather than later.

No comments:
Post a Comment