Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My sister's and I tease each other all the time about how, with the passing of years, we are turning in to our mother. We all have our own individual oddities, but some must be contributed to shared genetics. I decided long ago that this isn't a bad thing at all. While I might occasionally wish I was a bit more athletically gifted, and that I didn't have a face that showed every thought inside my head even when I'm wearing my best poker face, I couldn't think of anything better than being like my mom.

As for my mother's day, the kiddo's dad helped them put together a wonderful day that began with a pancake breakfast prepared by my girl, complete with fry pan flipping that made me very nervous, followed by a whole table full of goodies, including my favorite chocolate in the whole wide world. My girl presented me with a flowering plant she had grown from seed herself as a school project. She was so proud of herself, and as we happen to go to church with the teacher who had helped with the project, I stopped to thank her when I saw her today. She told me my girl had asked to see the plant every day to make sure it was "going to be beautiful", even on the days they weren't scheduled to be in the greenhouse. So stinkin' sweet, that girl.

And she even kept her head up when, after putting the plant on my counter when we came home, she came around the corner to find the flower gone and the plant looking a bit mangled. Apparently the cat decided to take a nibble.

We're hoping for a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive