The big news around our house is that my girl can tie her shoes. I went out last night and got her first official pair of sneakers with shoelaces. She spent the entire evening tying and untying her shoes. Then, I had to re-enact with her how it will be when she returns to school and is walking down the hallway with her shoelace undone. Apparently, the teachers say "Tie your shoes!" and then whoever has a loose lace steps out of line to tie their shoes, then gets back in line. So there we were, the two of us, walking around my house, with me randomly shouting "Tie your shoes!" and her stopping to tie, then joining the parade again. I think the little man thought we were crazy. He finally shouted at us to stop getting in his way; apparently we were interfering with his mad Wii bowling moves.
In other minor news, I got out the old pet clippers and had a go at grooming the dog and the cat. The dog turned out okay, but the cat...well, I'll just say I'm sure he must feel better and leave it at that. Katie, this one's for you:
And last but not least, the sunset last night was amazing. Even my girl commented on it, and she is actually the one who took this picture. Not bad, sister sue, not bad at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment