Thursday, July 16, 2009

What I Can Do

So I've been thinking alot about what I can do, and what I can't. I'm trying out this new theory that maybe happiness lies in understanding and accepting those two very different things. A few of the things I can do, in no particular order: love my family, walk nearer to my faith, choose laughter, change my blog design every few weeks. A few of the things I can not do, again in no particular order: make my ex husband love me like he did, control other people's behavior, ever be perfect. And I struggle with the "can not's". Like my friend Katie will tell you, I am a doer, a planner. I don't just sit, I take action. But no amount of doing or planning, non-sitting, action taking will EVER change what I can not do. And that's okay. At least, I'm learning to be okay with it.

And something else I am coming to terms with is that I can not cook. At this point in my life, I am going to be okay with that. Maybe somewhere down the line, the cooking light bulb will go on above my head and culinary masterpieces will be created in my kitchen. Until then, this, along with raw baby carrots and a sliced apple, counts as dinner in my house.

And something I can do, and did tonight, is share some floor time with the kiddos. The little man apparently had a run in with a rogue hula hoop at school today and is currently sporting a Bob the Builder plaster on his arm. My girl is busy being six.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive