
I'm trying to find fun family activities for these final weeks of summer. Living in Florida, summer weather lasts for much longer than the official season, but the kiddos will be returning to school soon. I guess I want to squeeze the last little drops of vacation out for all of us. Last weekend we headed to a nearby park we had last visited in April when we went to a children's birthday party there. I talked Gram into joining us and the plan was to meet up at 1.30p. Given that this was coordinated by Gram and I, you can imagine that it started promptly at the agreed upon time. Oh, I do make myself laugh. So when we actaully met at around 2.15p, the kiddos wanted to head straight to the playground.
After working up a good sweat (the kiddos from running around like animals, Gram and I from observing from a bench in the shade) we headed over to the pool. The pool at this park is pretty big, and goes from about 3ft to 8ft at the deep end. Navigating a pool like this with the 2 kiddos and my mini-mom was hysterical. I think my girl could touch the bottom for longer than Gram could, and as I was swimming around I kept hearing her chirp from the side "I can't touch, we have to go back". Poor little Gram.
After less than 20 minutes in the pool, the rain clouds rolled in and we were forced to retreat. Total, I think we were at the park for less than an hour, and although it was brief, it's safe to say a good time was had by all. Well, except for Gram when she was struggling in the deep end, but other than that, a good time.



No comments:
Post a Comment