Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pulling Me Up

Sometimes it's all too easy for me to get sucked down into the blah of life. The mistakes I've made, the things I can't undo, the things I've said I wish I could take back; it plays in my mind like a movie. And, yeah, sometimes I get up to get popcorn, take a potty break, grab a drink; but the movie is just waiting for me when I sit back down. And then someone who's known me my whole life, the very best and the very worst, sends me this.

And the movie stops. Not just for a moment, but long enough for me to look around and realize that life is pretty fabulous. And, yeah, maybe I'm kinda cool, too. And when I sit back down, the movie doesn't start again.

I love you, Doe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive