Thursday, December 3, 2009

And the Sobs Echoed Through The Night...

No, not mine. Don't worry, I'm still standing tall. The kiddos? Not so much. They got into trouble tonight, and I sent them both to their rooms, grounded. This was about 20 minutes before dinner, and I figured I would just make them stay there until it was time to eat. For those who know me, yes, I will admit to having a touch of the dramatics about me. But these two children? Oh my goodness. You would have thought the world was ending the way they were carrying on. Although I did find it interesting the two very different directions their sobbing cries took as they were sequestered in their respective rooms.

My Girl: Now I'm going to be on the naughty list...

Little Man: Oh man, I'm never going to get to eat dinner now....

My Girl: Why did I make a bad decision so close to Christmas...

Little Man: I'm SOOOO hungry and I'm all alone...

My girl is clearly keeping tabs as to her position on the naughty/nice list. And the little man? Well, if you see him out and about, please feed him. He's hungry and alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive