Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rambles

I'm going to start off by saying this is going to be a rambling, wandering, no real point kind of post. My mind seems to be working at minimum capacity these days, so it's tough to string together a proper story. I was full of vim and vigor moving in to Thanksgiving, planning to coast along on the holiday spirit high, but somehow, that's not quite working out for me. Maybe it's a sign of internal stress, or maybe it's just that time of the month. Who knows. Well, on to my bits and bobs...

1. I saw a special on TV last night on women who have those real life baby dolls. The dolls are custom made and look incredibly lifelike. They are also very expensive. The women featured on the show treated these dolls like real babies, putting them in car seats to drive around and pushing them in strollers when they were out and about. I think that's kind of weird. Anyone else think that's weird? I'm trying to be less judgemental these days, but that's just weird, isn't it?

2. I love Christmas decorations. I got mine out the day after Thanksgiving, and just love them. My mom stocked me up with what I consider winter smelling candles - Cranberry, Baked Cinnamon Apples, Gingerbread and Warm Vanilla, so my house smells yummo. The tree is sporting some giant glittery decorations this year, and they look amazing when they sparkle in the lights. I found a really good chai tea mix and every night, after the kiddos are in bed, I make myself a chai latte and just sit on the sofa looking at the tree. I wish I could leave everything up all year long. Maybe I will. Would that make me crazy? Or just lazy, as it would save me the hassle of getting everything put away again. Although, after last year's escapade of trying to get the decorations down, getting stuck in the attic and having to send my mom over to my neighbor's house to ask them to come help me down, the decorations just sit in my garage.

3. And last but not least, I have to share a picture from Thanksgiving. The kiddos and I went to my mom/sister/niece's house and had a great time. The camera didn't make it out to capture the dinner. We were too busy eating. But while we were recovering on the couch afterwards, I tried to get a few pics. Can I even tell you how hard it was to get a good pic of my family? My girl was too busy playing with the dog to look at the camera most of the time, the little man is in his 'always making a funny face' stage, and my niece was determined to show off her leggings. As I was taking mostly face shots, this meant she mostly looked weird. We finally managed to look pretty normal, so I'm going with it. Someone please notice the leggings. Kissy was very determined.

Why am I not in the picture, you ask? I still couldn't fasten my pants at this time. It's a too much turkey thing. I hope you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive